Syncing Limitations when Shopee Product is under promotion
Shopee has a few limitations when the product is under promotion on Shopee. E.g. when a product has flash sale on Shopee.
Prices cannot be synced when the Shopee product is under promotion.
- changing the prices on Shopify will update prices on Shopify just like normal,
- changing the prices on Shopify will NOT update the prices on Shopee automatically,
- you might be able to change the Shopee prices for this product manually by logging into Shopee.
Variants cannot be synced when the Shopee product is under promotion.
- changing the variants on Shopify will update variants on Shopify just like normal,
- changing the variants on Shopify will NOT update the variants on Shopee automatically,
- you might be able to change the Shopee variants for this product manually by logging into Shopee.
- some Shopee variants might be deleted when the app tries to sync variants during a promotions. Under certain circumstances, the app has to update the variants on Shopee by,
- deleting all the variants on Shopee, then
- creating new variants on Shopee, to match the variants on Shopify
We do this because with Shopee sometimes this is the only way to create new variants on Shopee. What may happen is:
- the app tries to all the Shopee variants by deleting Shopee variants 1 at a time,
- then has to stop because Shopee blocked the app from deleting the Shopee variant that has a promotion,
- then the app cannot create the new variants on Shopee because not all the variants has been deleted
that's why some of the variants on Shopee were deleted while some where still there.
Stock may not be synced when the Shopee product is under promotion.
- Stock cannot be updated on Shopee if you set up reserve stock for a Shopee promotion. For example, when you reserve stock on a Shocking Sale.
- Shopee orders will still sync to Shopify. So Shopify will still keep track of the stock changes from Shopee.
- Shopee stock will still go down on Shopee if there is a Shopee order because Shopee keeps track of the stock.
- The problem is if you have a stock change on Shopify that is not from Shopee. E.g. if someone buys an item from Shopify. Then Shopee stock doesn't get updated because of this new issue.
The Shopee product may not be set to pre-order or taken out of pre-order when the Shopee product is under promotion.
All syncing will work again once the Shopee promotion is over or if you manually stop the promotion on Shopee.