Why am I getting a duplicate product error? What should I do?
This error happens when you try to add a Shopify product to Shopee but there is already a product with the same name listed on your Shopee Shop.
How do I fix this?
- You can log into Shopee Seller Centre, search for the product and delete it on Shopee. Then you can try adding the product from the app again.
- You can change the name of the product on either Shopee or Shopify, then you can add the product from the app.
- If you do not want to delete the existing Shopee product, you can try manually linking them to your Shopify product: Manually linking existing Shopee products to existing Shopify products
Why did I get this error?
There could be a few reasons,
- Your shop might have added the product from the Shopee Channel app before, then decided to disconnect the product. Note that disconnecting a product will only disable syncing. It will not delete the Shopee product.
- Your shop might have deleted the Shopify product, then added a new Shopify product with the same name. Note that the app will automatically disconnect the product when it is deleted.