Syncing descriptions to Shopee
Enabling this feature will sync any changes on the Shopify description to Shopee.
On March 2022, Shopee added images to Shopee descriptions. However Shopee uses their own proprietary format for Shopee description images instead of HTML like Shopify. Because of this the app will not be able to sync description images from Shopify to Shopee. Here are details about how it works,
- If you are already using Shopee's images in descriptions feature, you must connect the app to Shopee's V2 platform. Descriptions cannot be synced if you do not connect the app to Shopee's V2 platform.
- Only the text portion of the Shopify product description will be synced to Shopee
- The images on the Shopify product description will be ignored and will not be synced to Shopee
- If you manually add images to Shopee descriptions by logging into Shopee Seller Center, the images on Shopee will not be deleted.
- If you manually add images to Shopee descriptions and split up the text between images, then nothing will be synced. For example, if the Shopee description looks like "Text" + Image + "Text". Then the app will not be able to sync the text description.